The Urgent Care and Crisis Stabilization Units Workgroup will develop recommendations for developing and implementing Behavioral Health Urgent Care (BHUC) and Crisis Stabilization Units as new levels of care. Both will be designed to align with the existing service system and with concurrent initiatives focused on the 9-8-8 system and a comprehensive crisis continuum of care.
- Review current federal and state initiatives to expand the crisis care continuum.
- Review and define core components of the crisis continuum (services and infrastructure).
- Review literature and expertise for Connecticut’s consideration in future system development.
- Make recommendations to Children’s Behavioral Health Plan Implementation Advisory Board and the twelve state Department Commissioners for further follow-up and implementation.
Meeting Minutes and Materials
- December 7, 2021: meeting minutes (coming soon) and video recording
- November 18, 2021: meeting minutes (coming soon) and video recording
- October 28, 2021: meeting minutes and video recording
- September 30, 2021: meeting minutes and video recording
- August 26, 2021: meeting minutes, presentation slides, and video recording
- August 19, 2021: meeting minutes and video recording
- June 30, 2021: meeting minutes